Attorneys - Kent Larson
PRIMARY PRACTICE AREAS
General Business Matters
Corporate Legal Matters
International Business Transactions
Kent Larson founded The General Counsel Ltd. (www.gcl.com) in 1985 to provide outsourced in-house counsel services to business enterprises. Since then, he has served as general counsel and senior counsel to many clients, ranging in size from start-ups to Fortune 100 corporations.
With background in law, engineering and business, Kent has extensive experience in a wide variety of legal areas important to a broad range of companies:
- Commercial matters, including purchase and sale agreements, distribution agreements, marketing agreements, sales representative agreements, credit and collections matters and commercial real estate leases;
- Technology and intellectual property, including product development agreements, technology transfers, licensing arrangements, software licensing agreements, portfolio development and management, trade secrets and trademarks;
- Corporate matters, including multi-faceted strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions; divestitures; business formations, corporate secretarial, support of securities counsel and employment matters;
- International business, including trans-national agreements, offshore sourcing, sales and procurement matters, employment matters, distributor agreements and sales representative relationships;
- Outside counsel coordination regarding corporate matters, products liability defense and international sales, distribution and employment law; and
- General legal matters of significance to technology and non-profit companies.
Kent was a key resource to the legal department of a major telecommunications equipment and software company for nearly 20 years. Serving as a “go to” attorney for transactions, especially strategic alliances and technology-oriented matters, he helped the client multiply revenues 70-fold during this period.
In addition to practicing law and managing successful law practices, Kent has been a founding principal in successful business enterprises dedicated to helping clients (1) develop strategic business relationships and (2) develop, manage and extract value from intellectual property portfolios.
Kent has served as adjunct professor of International Business Transactions at the University of St. Thomas Law School.
- Juris Doctor, University of Minnesota
- Graduate school: Masters program in International Management, School of Public Affairs (now the Humphrey Institute)
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, High Distinction
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association (Past Chair, Corporation
Banking and Business Law Section)
- Corporate Counsel Association of Minnesota
- Licensing Executives Society
- Turnaround Management Association